About the job
Team Projects Advisory is seeking experienced, proactive Project Managers and Senior Project Managers to join a growing entrepreneurial business at the forefront of providing Project Advisory and Project Management services. It is an exciting time to be a part of Team Projects as our team expands. We are Christchurch based, but our expanding team of professionals provides project management and advisory services to clients and projects across the country.
If you are looking for a rewarding new challenge, with the opportunity to directly influence and manage some major work programmes, we would love to hear from you.
Over the past 5 years, Team Projects Advisory has been advising on and managing many of New Zealand’s infrastructure and building projects in both the private and public sectors. We provide specialist project services across project strategy, procurement, contracts and tendering, and Engineer to Contract services, as well as project delivery.
Our team is expanding and we are seeking proven professionals and project specialists to join us.
About the role
We have a number of exciting opportunities for both Senior Project Managers and Project Managers to join our business. The roles will see you working on multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment, servicing projects and clients across various locations.
The positions need experienced self-starters and leaders who are well acquainted and comfortable with working autonomously and enjoy the level of accountability it brings.
Reporting to the Partners, you will be responsible for providing strategic project advice and project delivery and procurement support and management to a diverse range of clients, across the whole of the project life-cycle.
Your industry experience and technical expertise will be complemented by exemplary communication and leadership skills; a proven ability to form and lead effective teams, and to work pragmatically with stakeholders across all areas of a project organization will be paramount.
Our internal culture is important to us. You will take pride in providing high quality, professional advice and services and support to all of our clients and project partners, and in pro-actively leading and managing project teams and their welfare.
Responsibilities to include
- Project Strategic Advice
- Project Management and Delivery
- Liaising with customers and their representatives
- External and Internal Reporting
- Procurement, Contract and Tender Management
- Programme Management
- Team Leadership
- Developing relationships with other consultants
- Professional Development – both of yourself and your team and colleagues
- Support to the Partners in developing the company
This position is an exciting opportunity for proactive, ambitious candidates to join an expanding company that promotes growth and development.
- Senior Project Manager: 8-10 years industry experience with a minimum of 3-4 years in a similar role providing high-quality project management delivery, and strategic advice
- Project Manager: 3-5 years industry experience with a minimum of 1-2 years in a similar role providing high-quality project management delivery and strategic advice
- A high level of knowledge of project management processes and control
- Astute financial acumen, with a proven ability to manage project budgets
- Significant experience in the drafting and execution of New Zealand construction contracts
- Advanced experience using software packages including Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy of reporting
- Strong people skills, allowing you to develop effective relationships both internally and externally
- The ability to confidently communicate with all levels of project personnel, from site operatives to chief executives
- The ability to work autonomously and to manage workloads independently
- Through your gained experience and initiative, the ability to think creatively in your approach to improving current methods
- Positive can-do attitude
- An understanding and experience of Local Authorities governance and processes would be an advantage
If you have proven experience as a Senior Project Manager or Project Manager across the infrastructure or building sectors, superior project delivery and strategy skills, enjoy using your judgement and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, then we want to hear from you.
If you are keen to become a part of our TEAM, please get in touch.
Send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com